nanog mailing list archives

Re: announcement of freerouter

From: Łukasz Bromirski <lukasz () bromirski net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 02:55:15 +0100

On 31 Dec 2015, at 01:54, Jimmy Hess <mysidia () gmail com> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Mel Beckman <mel () beckman org> wrote:
Amazing what the proprietary appropriation of a single Word can do :)

Yes.... I'm quite bothered by that.   As far as I'm concerned  "Router
OS"  refers to whatever operating system drives a router.

I believe Mikrotik is using "RouterOS" and "RouterBOARD" as registered trademarks, not generic "router os".

The problem however is, that according to google search (I may be wrong here), the trademark was eventually never
registered:

https://trademarks.justia.com/771/58/routeros-77158105.html

Anyway, let's concentrate on the source code and solution provided (further referred as "meat"), and let parties
involved sort out the trademarks, copyrights and other issues (further referred as to "slack" ;)) themselves.

--
./