nanog mailing list archives

Re: Nat

From: Sander Steffann <sander () steffann nl>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 23:37:27 +0100

Hi Matthew,

I have multiple sets of clients on a particular subnet; the subnet
is somewhat geographically distributed; I have multiple routers
on the subnet.  I currently am able to explicitly associate clients
with the most appropriate router for them in v4.
How can I do this using only RAs in IPv6?

I'd be happy to learn something new.  Unfortunately, my
research hasn't shown me that there's something new
to learn, it's shown me that "IPv6 can't do that, sorry."

Thanks for showing me a use-case that indeed doesn't work with IPv6 :)

Cheers,
Sander