nanog mailing list archives

RE: Saying goodnight to my GSR

From: "Keith Medcalf" <kmedcalf () dessus com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:17:17 -0600

I do not see any vulnerabilities listed there.  Only documentation of behavioral bugs, caveats, and restrictions.

A "vulnerability" would be something like the one Microsoft introduced into all versions of the Windows IP stack after
Windows 2003 and Windows XP wherein "the Operating System will execute the payload of an IP packet with SYSTEM
authority and SYSTEM integrity when a crafted IP packet is received in which a certain combination of invalid and
reserved header bits are set".