nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone shed light on Verizon blocking pop3 offnetwork?

From: "Mark E. Jeftovic" <markjr () easydns com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 14:15:07 -0400

Good luck.

Let me know if you find anybody with a clue over there.

Last week we took over ZoneEdit (DNS Provider + mail forwarding) and
they started blocking the new ZoneEdit mail forwarders within a couple
hours of go-live - almost certainly it's some statistical based block
because of the sudden influx of mail from a new IP.

Impossible to get ahold of anybody, multiple delist requests go unanswered.

Almost considering blocking verizon across everything we control just to
get somebody's f***ing attention over there.

- mark

Jack Bates wrote:
I have a customer that left Verizon FIOS when he moved but kept his
email address. About a month ago, he says his pop3 quit connecting. I've
tested the ports he's using and notice they aren't responding. He's
tried helpdesk and they sent him to the abuse whitelist. He tried the
abuse@, which of course wouldn't be the correct location. Any
recommendations?

Jack

--
Mark E. Jeftovic <markjr () easydns com>
Founder & CEO, easyDNS Technologies Inc.