nanog mailing list archives

Re: Marriott wifi blocking

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 23:23:21 -0700

On 10/04/2014 11:13 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
Very true. I wasn't talking about ideal solutions. I was talking about current state of FCC regulations.

Further, you seem to assume a level of control over client behavior that is rare in my experience.

Owen

I this particular case, I think that enterprise could go a very long way to driving a solution through standards and deployment. They, after all, call the shots of who does and who doesn't get over the corpro-drawbridge. A much different state of affairs than the typical unwashed masses dilemma.

Assuming that there's the perception that this is a big enough problem, of course.

Mike