nanog mailing list archives

Re: abuse reporting tools

From: Franck Martin <fmartin () linkedin com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 18:19:50 +0000

On Nov 19, 2014, at 9:14 AM, John Kristoff <jtk () cymru com> wrote:

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 16:58:24 -0800
Mike <mike-nanog () tiedyenetworks com> wrote:

I am wondering if anyone has a pointer or reference to any tools
which might help facillitate this?

I can point you to some tools and references I'm aware of, but I can't
talk about how effectively they are operationally or whether or not you
should abide by or use them.

 AbuseHelper
 <http://abusehelper.be/>

 IETF RFC 5965 An Extensible Format for Email Feedback Reports
 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5965>

 IETF RFC 6650 Creation and Use of Email Feedback Reports
 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6650>

 Network Abuse Reporting 2.0
 <http://www.x-arf.org/>

 Net::Abuse::Utils
 <http://search.cpan.org/~mikegrb/Net-Abuse-Utils/>

You can also use this facility to find the abuse email address of an IP
https://abusix.com/contactdb.html

And I wrote this tool, tailored for DMARC failure reports, but it has some code to report any email. Yo could hack the
code easily for your own purposes:
https://github.com/linkedin/lafayette/