nanog mailing list archives

Re: Equinix Virginia - Ethernet OOB suggestions

From: "Bill Woodcock" <woody () pch net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 16:53:53 -0800

Why use IPv4 for OOB?  Seems a little late in the day for that.

                -Bill

On Nov 10, 2014, at 15:02, "Christopher Morrow" <morrowc.lists () gmail com> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Paul S. <contact () winterei se> wrote:
I'd be doubtful if anyone will feel like offering a /23 with OOB as
justification these days, sadly.

why thought? Justification is really about having a use for the ips,
right? and if you have 500 servers/network-devices ... then you have
justification for  a /23 ... it seems to me.

Good luck nonetheless.