nanog mailing list archives

Re: Observations of an Internet Middleman (Level3) (was: RIP Network Neutrality

From: Nick B <nick () pelagiris org>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 13:28:52 -0400

By "categorically untrue" do you mean "FCC's open internet rules allow us
to refuse to upgrade full peers"?
Nick

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Livingood, Jason <
Jason_Livingood () cable comcast com> wrote:

On 5/15/14, 12:43 PM, "Nick B" <nick () pelagiris org> wrote:

Yes, you've got "some of the largest Internet companies as customers².
Because you told them "if you don't pay us, we'll throttle you".  Then
you throttled them.  I'm sorry, not a winning argument.
Nick

That is categorically untrue, however nice a soundbite it may be. If you
or anyone else truly believes we are throttling someone then I encourage
you to file a formal complaint with the FCC. According to their Open
Internet rules that we are bound to through at least 2018 (IIRC) we may
not discriminate on traffic in that way, so there is a clear rule and a
clear process for complaints.

Jason