nanog mailing list archives

Re: US patent 5473599

From: Alain Hebert <ahebert () pubnix net>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 07:31:00 -0400

    And that's why C. should use a more appropriate example to defend
his position.

    By this thread, I suspect, that whoever dealt with those different
organization for OpenBSD & CARP, lacked the skills to accomplish the
task and got shut down for being an ass.

    PS:

        Being of the Church of FreeBSD, I freely acknowledge that I got
no clue about the scope of the drama that CARP was involved with.

        But I was aware of Cisco/VRRP/HSRP patent and CARP and found
CIsco to be a bit of a bully to actually enforce it for such a simple
technology.

        That being said, I was never attracted to OpenBSD for some "gut"
reason...  I know why now =D

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert () pubnix net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443