nanog mailing list archives

Re: Credit to Digital Ocean for ipv6 offering

From: Daniel Ankers <md1clv () md1clv com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:35:23 +0100

On 17 June 2014 23:39, John Levine <johnl () iecc com> wrote:

In article <CABL6YZT7sSFxdBL1_UDVc2_t3X1drW0_AToHE51o2Pd=
obDVrw () mail gmail com> you write:
+1+1+1 re living room

My cable company assigns my home network a /50.  I can figure out what
to do with two of the /64s (wired and wireless networks), but I'm
currently stumped on the other 16,382 of them.

R's,
John

I've got a /56 which I'm then delegating /60s from - so, for example, I've
got a laptop which I run things like Virtualbox and Docker on.  This laptop
has a /60 and it can hand out /64s for virtual networks.

I figure that with the larger allocations to homes or offices the question
isn't "how do I allocate all of these" but "how do I delegate chunks of
this in a hierarchical manner."

Dan