nanog mailing list archives

Re: EFF gets into the CPE router software business..

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 19:42:13 -0400

On 2014-07-25 12:22, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
The second big challenge is that to the best of my knowledge, there exist
no router-class hardware that includes a TPM chip,

OpenWRT x86? Run it on a decently specced laptop a couple gens old (like
a Dell Latitude 6500 or so). That's got TPM, plenty of ram.
Of course you can run on a server board (Dell Poweredge or something). I
prefer pfsense myself for full blown kit.

Yeah, but it's hard to justify a PowerEdge for a Joe Sixpack consumer CPE
(admittedly, I managed to leave that phrase out of 'router-class', mea culpa).