nanog mailing list archives

Re: Inevitable death, was Re: Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

From: Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 14:49:07 +0200

On 15 July 2014 06:21, Brett Glass <nanog () brettglass com> wrote:

Perhaps it's best to think of it this way: I'm outsourcing some backbone
routing functions to my upstreams, which (generously) aren't charging me
anything extra to do it. In my opinion, that's a good business move.

Ah but they are charging you for it. You are paying approximately 40x as
much for your bandwidth as you should be (you said you paid 20 USD/Mbps -
an outrageous rate). You have a link to a place where you can buy 1 Gbps
flatrate for USD 500 per month, so why aren't you?

Regards,

Baldur