nanog mailing list archives

Re: out of band management gear

From: Michael Martinez <mmartinez () getjive com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 21:57:12 -0700

Cisco 1921 w/ LTE WAN interface have worked fantastic us.

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 9:16 PM, joel jaeggli <joelja () bogus com> wrote:

On 2/21/14, 12:27 PM, Randy Carpenter wrote:

OpenGear's newer stuff is Gigabit (SFP even).

I've not seen any real switch made in the last decade that has a problem
with 100Mb/s connections. Ancient cisco, maybe had issues.

there are a substantial number of 10Gb/s switch that cannot do tri-rate
on copper sfps.

in previous $job oob--ilo-ports doing WOL/ and cdu(s) were the annoying
100Mbs/s only devices. terminal servers (all advocent in this case) made
the jump aleady.

thanks,
-Randy

--