nanog mailing list archives

Re: Need trusted NTP Sources

From: Notify Me <notify.sina () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 13:53:32 +0100

Raspberries! Not common currency here either, but let's see!
grateful for all the input and responses, this list is amazing as usual.

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Aled Morris <aledm () qix co uk> wrote:
On 6 February 2014 12:30, Martin Hotze <m.hotze () hotze com> wrote:

I'm trying to help a company I work for to pass an audit, and we've
been told we need trusted NTP sources (RedHat doesn't cut it). Being
located in Nigeria, Africa,

 [...]

So build your own stratum 1 server (maybe a second one with DCF77 or
whatever you can use for redundancy),

I don't think DCF77 is going to reach Nigeria.

Aled