nanog mailing list archives

Re: Updated ARIN allocation information

From: Lee Howard <Lee () asgard org>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 11:42:52 -0500

On 1/29/14 5:01 PM, "Leslie Nobile" <leslien () arin net> wrote:

ARIN would like to share two items of information that may be of interest
to the community.

First, ARIN has recently begun to issue address space from its last
contiguous /8, 104.0.0.0 /8.  The minimum allocation size for this /8
will be a /24.  You may wish to adjust any filters you have in place
accordingly.

I was surprised that ARIN started issuing from this /8.  I thought it
still had a /9 and a /10 in inventory.

Additionally, ARIN has placed  23.128.0.0/10 in its reserves in
accordance with the policy "Dedicated IPv4 block to facilitate IPv6
Deployment" (NRPM 4.10).  There have been no allocations made from this
block as of yet, however, once we do begin issuing from this block, the
minimum allocation size for this /10 will be a /28 and the maximum
allocation size will be a /24.  You may wish to adjust any filters you
have in place accordingly.

I see the note at
https://www.arin.net/resources/request/ipv4_countdown.html
that this block is not included in inventory.  Thanks for that.

Lee