nanog mailing list archives

Re: DHCPv6 authentication

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck Nether net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 07:47:51 -0400

        I similarly was counting on 802.1x + RA-Guard and other
techniques.

        I can easier do an insider attack by gaining console or connecting
to a trusted wire as most places I've seen don't do 802.1x on wired
but do on wireless.

        I'm not going to enumerate the universe for the sake of 6man/dhc
or v6ops, and this seems like a futile effort.

        - Jared (who sometimes runs a network)