nanog mailing list archives

Re: Public DNS64

From: Tim Durack <tdurack () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 14:40:35 -0400

Yeah, sort of agree, except I'm allergic to running services that aren't
straight bit shoveling. NAT64 is pushing it, but at least that is just
announcing a prefix.

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Rubens Kuhl <rubensk () gmail com> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Tim Durack <tdurack () gmail com> wrote:

Anyone know of a reliable public DNS64 service?

Would be cool if Google added a Public DNS64 service, then I could point
the NAT64 prefix at appropriately placed boxes in my network.

Why? Other people are better than me at running DNS resolvers :-)

No one is better than you at running DNS resolvers with low latency from
your network. Even if they can run DNS resolvers with magical capabilities,
they will still suffer from transit time.

Rubens

--
Tim:>