nanog mailing list archives

Re: We hit half-million: The Cidr Report

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:06:06 -0700

On Apr 28, 2014, at 6:59 PM, Patrick W. Gilmore <patrick () ianai net> wrote:

Composed on a virtual keyboard, please forgive typos.

On Apr 28, 2014, at 19:41, Chris Boyd <cboyd () gizmopartners com> wrote:

On Apr 28, 2014, at 2:27 AM, Andy Davidson wrote:

.... now aggregate it back down again, please. :-)

I'm in the middle of a physical move.  I promise I'll take the 3 deagg'd /24s out as soon as I can.

Do not laugh. If everyone who had 3 de-agg'ed prefixes fixed it, the table would drop precipitously. We all have to
do our part.

If everyone who had 30+ inaggregable IPv4 prefixes replaced them with 1 (or even 3) IPv6 prefixes…

As a bonus, we could get rid of NAT, too. ;-)

/me ducks (but you know I had to say it)

Owen