nanog mailing list archives

Re: The FCC is planning new net neutrality rules. And they could enshrine pay-for-play. - The Washington Post

From: Lamar Owen <lowen () pari edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 14:34:03 -0400

On 04/28/2014 02:23 PM, Jack Bates wrote:
On 4/28/2014 12:05 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:

Now, I can either think of it as double dipping, or I can think of it as getting a piece of the action....

However, as a cable company, comcast must pay content providers for video. In addition, they may be losing more video subscribers due to netflix. In reality, Netflix is direct competition to Comcast's video branch.

That's exactly right. But it somehow sounds better to blame it on the bandwidth consumed.