nanog mailing list archives

Re: The FCC is planning new net neutrality rules. And they could enshrine pay-for-play. - The Washington Post

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 00:37:40 -0400

The fact there are "regulated monopolies" does not mean regulation cannot be used to keep a monopoly from forming. And
using a turn of phrase to prove a point of logic and/or history is a pretty sad argument. Yeah, the phrase "regulated
monopoly" exists, therefore monopolies can't exist without regulation! Q.E.D. Oh, wait, got my abbreviation wrong, I
meant: W.T.F.?

Larry is confused. He can claim he is not, but posting to NANOG does not change the facts. Then again, just because I
posted to NANOG doesn't prove I'm right either. Worst of all, this thread is pretty non-operational now.

So believe as you please. I'm going to believe that the FCC allowing monopolies (regulated or not) to charge content
providers as they please will be bad for me and about 300 million other Americans.

Besides, what has this to do with my original questions?

--
TTFN,
patrick