nanog mailing list archives

Re: Requirements for IPv6 Firewalls

From: Doug Barton <dougb () dougbarton us>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 13:28:34 -0700

On 04/22/2014 01:15 PM, Matthew Huff wrote:
I wouldn't manage a corporate network without a centrally managed firewall (stateful; or not).

Matthew,

No one is saying that. What Roland is saying, and the position that I agree with, is that putting a firewall in front of a system _that is intended to be ON the Internet, serving external users_, is a bad idea.

I think it's a given that you'd want to protect your internal systems with a firewall (except for the aforementioned IPv6 illuminati, of whom I am not one).

Doug