nanog mailing list archives

Re: 32-bit ASN acceptance by ISPs in ARIN region

From: Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 15:21:45 +0100

On 23/09/2013 15:14, Geoff Huston wrote:
I'm sorry, but I'm still confused, as I see your comment as one that relates to the
size of the payload field here, as distinct from the support for 32 bit AS numbers
per se.

hence my original comment about being usable on nontrivial transit
networks, where having the size of the community local administrator >=
your customer asn bitfield size is a rather useful feature.

There's also a serious vendor support problem at the moment.

Nick