nanog mailing list archives

Re: iOS 7 update traffic

From: Octavio Alvarez <alvarezp () alvarezp ods org>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:55:15 -0700

Again, as others have said: complain to the ISP that most probably oversubscribed their links.

On 19/09/13 15:29, Warren Bailey wrote:
Your software updates (you meaning a user of the Internet) should not affect my experience. I'm not advocating we go back to
5.25 floppies and never look back. I'm asking..

Is there a way for a COMPUTER and PHONE manufacturer to distribute their software without destroying most last mile
connectivity?

Who else has had traffic surges like this?
And who else has a Nanog strike team coming in screaming buy more bandwidth? ;)