nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo is now recycling handles

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 11:27:39 -0400

Sure. But the failure is /why/ you have three...
-jra

Kee Hinckley <nazgul () somewhere com> wrote:

On Sep 5, 2013, at 8:26 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com> wrote:

They're just validating a credit card number; that was an
authorization which won't be settled, almost certainly.

I'd have more faith in that if a) there weren't three of them and b)
they didn't then tell me that my credit card information was invalid.
My guess is that their system failed somewhere between posting the
charge and clearing it. However, they *are* still in the Pending
category on my card, we'll see if they get posted.