nanog mailing list archives

Re: IRC SASL Auth borked over Sprint 4G

From: Michael Hallgren <m.hallgren () free fr>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 22:18:25 +0200

Le 16/10/2013 18:26, Cody Rose a écrit :
You can always setup a bip irc box then point your clients at bip so they can stay in sync using one irc handle and
central logging on the server.

https://projects.duckcorp.org/projects/bip

Should be able to configure bip to use 443 with SSL for client connections to by pass the block.

"pass the block"? Isn't 4G globally promoted as "Internet access." Me
missing subtleties? :-)

Cheers,
mh

--Cody

Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com> wrote:
Both WiMax and LTE, as far as I can tell, block SASL auth somehow, such
that
while tethered through my Galaxy S4 (and my old Evo 4G), I can't log
into
Freenode.

Does anyone here know why, or of a workaround?

This is -- According To Google -- a well known, pervasive problem.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink
jra () baylink com