nanog mailing list archives

Re: IRC SASL Auth borked over Sprint 4G

From: Cody Rose <cody () killsudo info>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:26:42 -0500

You can always setup a bip irc box then point your clients at bip so they can stay in sync using one irc handle and
central logging on the server.

https://projects.duckcorp.org/projects/bip

Should be able to configure bip to use 443 with SSL for client connections to by pass the block.

--Cody

Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com> wrote:
Both WiMax and LTE, as far as I can tell, block SASL auth somehow, such
that
while tethered through my Galaxy S4 (and my old Evo 4G), I can't log
into
Freenode.

Does anyone here know why, or of a workaround?

This is -- According To Google -- a well known, pervasive problem.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink
jra () baylink com