nanog mailing list archives

RE: What routers do folks use these days?

From: Darren O'Connor <darrenoc () outlook com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 16:18:37 +0000

We are using Juniper MX and Brocade XMRs for our P and PE routers.

Thanks
Darren
http://www.mellowd.co.uk/ccie

Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 09:19:33 +0100
From: kuenzler () init7 net
To: nanog () nanog org
Subject: Re: What routers do folks use these days?

Am 29.11.2013 06:37, schrieb Jawaid Desktop:
We're a service provider, and we have a network full of Cat6509's.
We are finding that we are outgrowing them from the standpoint of
their ability to handle lots of large routing tables. Obviously
their switching capability is still superb but one of them with 20
peers is starting to groan a bit and RAM is going to be an issue
soon.

What do people use these days? Our backbone needs in the next 2-3
years are going to be sub-100Gbps.

Check the Brocade MLXe series. We (Init7 / AS13030) are using them and
the previous XMR series for years and are happy with it. CLI is
Cisco-look-and-feel, the software tree has a clear structure (unlike
Cisco with hundreds of versions) and the TAC is willing to ssh into your
gear to assist.

--
Fredy Kuenzler

Init7 (Switzerland) Ltd.