nanog mailing list archives

Re: What routers do folks use these days?

From: Tony Varriale <tvarriale () comcast net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:05:48 -0600

On 11/28/2013 11:37 PM, Jawaid Desktop wrote:
We're a service provider, and we have a network full of Cat6509's. We are finding that we are outgrowing them from the standpoint of their ability to handle lots of large routing tables. Obviously their switching capability is still superb but one of them with 20 peers is starting to groan a bit and RAM is going to be an issue soon.

What do people use these days? Our backbone needs in the next 2-3 years are going to be sub-100Gbps.

Jawaid

If you are looking to stay with Cisco, and depending on features you want, you'll be interested in the ASR1ks and ASR9ks.

tv