nanog mailing list archives

Re: APC In-row Units

From: "Dale W. Carder" <dwcarder () wisc edu>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 09:40:32 -0500

Thus spake Morgan Miskell (morgan.miskell () caro net) on Tue, May 21, 2013 at 09:49:14AM -0400:
I realize this topic is semi off point so feel free to reply to the list
or to me personally.  I am wondering if anyone has any experience using
the APC In-row cooling units in their data centers.  I am specifically
looking at the ACRD501.

Do they work well?  How long have you run them?  Any maintenance issues?

We have lots of the apc units, including the 500 or 501 IIRC.  In general they
are great except for finding skilled enough labor to install & maintain them.
They are capable of getting your equipment mighty wet.

Also pay attention to your water quality during the design process.

Dale