nanog mailing list archives

Re: APC In-row Units

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:01:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 21 May 2013, Morgan Miskell wrote:

I realize this topic is semi off point so feel free to reply to the list
or to me personally.  I am wondering if anyone has any experience using
the APC In-row cooling units in their data centers.  I am specifically
looking at the ACRD501.

Do they work well?  How long have you run them?  Any maintenance issues?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

We have some APC in-row coolers in our DR site. They've been in place for about 3 years, and no major maintenance issues that are outside of the norm. I believe we feed them off of our building chilled water loop, with a backup domestic water feed for times when the chilled water plant has to be taken offline for maintenance.

I don't directly run our DR site, but I've never heard of any serious performance issues.

I don't know the exact model of the coolers we're using, but I can find out.

jms