nanog mailing list archives

Re: BCP38 - Internet Death Penalty

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:01:36 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Valdis Kletnieks" <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu>

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:51:35 -0500, Jack Bates said:
They are not, and I can think of quite a few people who would stare
blankly at you for making such a statement. Of course, I can think
of plenty of people who we'd like to see implementing BCP38 concepts
that would need you to define ingress and egress.

Of course, the fact they don't understand ingress and egress are *totally*
unrelated to the fact they can't figure out how to deploy BCP38, correct?

Oh, Jeezus; do we need to start seeing geek licenses[1] before we'll turn
up your BGP session or Transit link now?

Have we really sunk that low?[2]

Cheers,
-- jra
[1] Seriously; I think we need these; for escalating to Tier 3 support if
nothing else.[3]
[2] No, I don't actually want an answer to this; I'm depressed enough.
[3] "Hello, Road Runner business support!" "Yes, my Geek License number is
G 17135, and I need to speak to your backbone BGP coordinator." "I'll
transfer you right now, sir."
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com