nanog mailing list archives

RE: PRISM: NSA/FBI Internet data mining project

From: Alex Rubenstein <alex () corp nac net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 09:53:37 -0400

So, you are comfortable just giving up your right to privacy? It's just the way
it is?

If you want to exercise your right to privacy, use end to end encryption and
onion remixing networks to hamper traffic analysis.

Whoa.

These are two completely separate issues. I concur with you whole-heartedly; if you have something to keep private or
something that is sensitive, protect it. That is your right, it is legal, and you should do it. I do.

But that DOES NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, in any way make it OK for the USG to ignore the fourth amendment. I should
not have to "hamper traffic analysis" that is analyzing my traffic illegally. That is the bigger point here.

Everything else is for the hopelessly gullible.

You mean, "Everything else is for the people who are OK with being snooped on by the government."

I'm sorry, I am not as accepting of that fact as you are. I am disappointed
and disgusted that this is, and has been, going on. Our government is failing
us.

What government is this, kemo sabe? Nanog has a global audience.

Fair enough, but I think we all know what I am talking about.