nanog mailing list archives

Re: DNSResolvers.com will be shutdown

From: Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon () cox net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 22:51:51 -0500

On 6/27/2013 10:00 PM, Mark Jeftovic wrote:

As per our post:

http://blog.easydns.org/2013/06/27/dnsresolvers-open-resolvers-will-be-shut-down/

The DNSResolvers.com free and open public resolvers will be shut down,
imminently (like tonight, if we get DDoS-ed against them again).

We'll keep them up for awhile if we can so everybody can migrate off,
but if you or somebody you care about is using them, please make other
arrangements as fast as possible.

It will be interesting to see how people "didn't know we were using them".

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                        of System Administrators: