nanog mailing list archives

Re: 10gig coast to coast

From: Eric Clark <cabenth () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 20:48:39 -0700

all of these questions are valid.

The guys who will use it would love to have line rate on the 10G, for a single conversation, but that's not going to
happen. So, there's a certain amount of expectation management.

For the purpose we're proposing, this would be an additional link to an existing office, a link for test/lab traffic
specifically. We would run the lab management on the existing link (s) and provide some sort of restricted failover as
well.

Sorry I'm not going into more detail, just trying to balance the need for some info versus ... you know.

This link wouldn't need to be 5 Nines, but with the office primary and backup, we can provide the connectivity almost
100% of the time.

Thanks for all the comments everyone, they have been helpful.

Eric