nanog mailing list archives

Re: Will wholesale-only muni actually bring the boys to your yard?

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:30:21 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Art Plato" <aplato () coldwater org>

That is actually one of the big picture scenarios we are reviewing,
with the ISP component being the last to go if there is a fair and
competitive market the arises for our constituents. We won't allow the
return of the old monopoly play that existed back then. This is too
vital for the growth of our business community. We also view it as a
quality of life issue for our citizens.

There you go, Art: as the muni, the goal is the *public good*; it can
break even, or even lose money, if it increases the tax revenue base by
making the city more attractive for both residents and businesses.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com