nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for success stories in Qwest/Centurylink land

From: "Constantine A. Murenin" <mureninc () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:43:04 -0800

On 28 January 2013 13:57, david peahi <davidpeahi () gmail com> wrote:
The above anecdote is typical in my experience with the telcos, and
underscores the need for a national broadband buildout in the USA, funded
and run by the Federal Government, based upon the Australian National
Broadband Network model. The USA telcos have had their chance, in my
opinion, now is the time for them to get out of the way.

Here is a link to the Australian National Broadband site, describing how the
existing telco-owned copper network will be "switched off":

http://www.nbn.gov.au/2012/12/03/did-you-know-that-our-copper-network-is-being-switched-off/

Do they have any customers object?

I recall a few recent stories about Verizon having problems after
Sandy with NYC customers insisting that they want DSL restored instead
of the FiOS brought in.

C.