nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for success stories in Qwest/Centurylink land

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:17:50 -0500

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Constantine A. Murenin
<mureninc () gmail com> wrote:
Well, that's AT&T for you:  already has the network, already has the
price structure, already has the marketing going, already has all the
passive and active equipment installed that's capable of vastly
superior speeds, already has the customers willing to pay more each
month for faster speeds, and already has customers abandoning FTTU
services because of artificially-imposed speed limitations, yet T
still can't be bothered to flip some provisioning bits.

And then there's the ATT U-Verse outage for the better part of a week.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/24/tech/web/uverse-outage-att/index.html

On the other hand, I've been unsuccessfully trying to pay my Verizon
Fios bill for a month now. The credit card died two months ago. They
keep trying to bill it. Can't log in to the linked account online. The
web site mentions that a temporary password can be had from the paper
bill they haven't sent in the better part of a decade. After hours on
the phone the representative "opened a ticket with IT."

They sent me an email reminding me that their billing failed. With no
return contact information, just an invitation to log in to my
non-working account and pay it. What fun!

-Bill

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004