nanog mailing list archives

Re: Intermittent incorrect DNS resolution?

From: Andrei Ivanov <ivanov_andrei () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:13:06 -0800 (PST)

Jay Ashworth wrote:

Microsoft broke the Internet just to make their internal networking
work properly?

I'm shocked; *shocked* I tell... yes, just put the money right over there;
*shocked* I say.

You can't imagine how much time that lost me in diagnoses when it first
came out, until we finally located it somewhere on the Internet.

Yeah, SUNW did it even before MSFT. Ever heard about 'nscd'?!
It gets installed [but disabled by default] in any Linux distro derived
from Red Hat Linux as well. If activated, will keep resolved records
in an in-memory cache for an hour with all default settings.

--

andrei