nanog mailing list archives

Re: SDN - Killer Apps

From: Simon Perreault <simon.perreault () viagenie ca>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 10:32:01 +0100

Le 2013-02-25 09:23, Glen Kent a écrit :
Yahoo, Google, etc applications are running on one server and each
application could be theoretically associated with a unique VXLAN tag. This
way service providers will be able to provide QoS per application (by
effectively providing QoS to the VXLAN carried in the pkts). So now Youtube
for example, can get unique QoS treatment from our desktops to the edge of
the network. Form there on core routing will pick up - which remains
largely unaffected by VXLANs.

Uh? I'm pretty sure that QoS is *not* SDN's killer app.

Simon