nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Making of a Router

From: Eric Clark <cabenth () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 08:55:40 -0800

I also wonder about re-inventing the wheel. The router part is easy, you could even do that with a windows box (that's
a joke).

Obviously capital cost is part of it, but the man hours involved in doing what you're talking about, especially since
you are talking about a telco.... whatever you come up with has to be pretty darn reliable...

Certainly would be interested in a little more information about the use case.

Eric