nanog mailing list archives

Re: Question related to Cellular Data and restrictions..

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 17:20:33 -0500 (EST)

Have any of you experienced or been subjected to a "domestic data
roaming policy"? I am a customer of a carrier who advertises
"Unlimited Nationwide 4G data", but limits their customers to 50MB per
month while traveling in an area they do not have coverage (Alaska,
for example). I've never heard of such a policy in regards to a
"Nationwide" plan.. I thought the entire idea of saying nationwide was
to represent you were covering the ENTIRE NATION.

I believe you will find that any carrier says "Nationwide means where we
have coverage, and unlimited means 'if you're on our towers'."

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Make Election Day a federal holiday: http://wh.gov/lBm94  100k sigs by 12/14

Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com