nanog mailing list archives

Re: the economies of scale of a Worldcon, and how to make this topic relevant to Nanog

From: Joe Hamelin <joe () nethead com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 16:42:45 -0700

Jo Rhett said:
One of which I forgot to mention. Many of the hotels (I believe all
Hilton properties at this time) have sold the facilities space for
their wifi network to another company.

PSAV is the company.  I just installed about 20 Cisco WiFi radios at the
Doubletree (a Hilton prop) at Sea-Tac.  These covered only the convention
space, conf rooms, ball rooms, whatnot.  It would seem that the hotel is
running their own system in the other public areas such as check-in, coffee
shops and bars.

Mostly they were well placed, often in the same spot as the existing
radios.  But I'd never throw a geek-con at that system.

--
Joe Hamelin, W7COM, Tulalip, WA, 360-474-7474