nanog mailing list archives

Re: Big Temporary Networks

From: Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 11:54:19 +0100

On 14/09/2012 11:50, Nat Morris wrote:
The RIPE hostmaster would only allocate us address space 7 days before
the event started, needed longer than this to begin building out the
network which span multiple data centres. Especially with time, access
and change freeze constraints due to the Olympics this year. They
didn't seem to want to budge on this, easier in my opinion to borrow
some off a friendly organisation or ISP than jump hoops with RIPE.

I'm in the process of trying to get this changed.  To be completely fair on
the RIPE NCC, they don't have flexibility on this issue - the original
policy was broken.

Nick