nanog mailing list archives

Re: Big Temporary Networks

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 12:17:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012, Brandon Ross wrote:

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012, Jay Ashworth wrote:

Get lots of IP addresses. A /16 probably still can be borrowed for
this kind of event. I know RIPE had rules and addresses for this kind of
use a couple years ago, at least.

Indeed?  I did not see that coming.  Hell, perhaps Interop could be talked
into loaning me a /16.  :-)

<dons Interop hat>You might think you are joking, but if it doesn't overlap with an existing commitment, we can probably make that happen.</dons>

I don't know about last /8 policy and how that will change this, but so far I have seen little problem getting a temporary /16 or alike for events from RIPE.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se