nanog mailing list archives

Re: Big Temporary Networks

From: Josh Baird <joshbaird () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 16:03:26 -0400

We have been using Unifi (a Ubiquiti WIFI product) for local conventions
and festivals.  The product is fairly cheap, robust, and their access
points have very good range.  We have deployed it at several commercial
businesses as well with great success.  The deployment is very easy.  We
run the controller on a VM at our NOC, but you can also run it locally at
the event as well.

Besides this, we have a fairly beefy box that handles DNS and DHCP and
basic firewalling.

Josh