nanog mailing list archives

Re: Heads-Up: GoDaddy Broke the Interwebs...

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:34:57 -0400

On Sep 11, 2012, at 17:04 , ryanL <ryan.landry () gmail com> wrote:

when patrick is referring to "taking their word for it", he's referring to a post on outages@ by godaddy's network
engineering manager that stated "bgp, and more details to follow".

Well, mostly I'm taking GoDaddy at their word that this was not a DoS attack.

I also believe it was related to BGP, and am happy to get more info.  But we are discussing Anonymous vs.
Self-inflicted wound here.

--
TTFN,
patrick

i tend to align with patrick's thought. i'm also interested to see the details, which they are really under no
obligation to provide.