nanog mailing list archives

Re: "Programmers can't get IPv6 thus that is why they do not have IPv6 in their applications"....

From: Randy <nanog () afxr net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:18:11 -0600

-
Well I want to add my 10 cents,
I am a c++ programmer, and have been waiting for my isp to offer native ipv6 for ever. I got fed up with waiting and setup a ipv6 over ipv4 tunnel. So once I got that done, I spent only an hour updating my socket classes to support ipv6. I hadent done so before because I never had ipv6 access, * I don't release code without testing it first *.

It wasn't difficult to update to ipv6, only some reading was needed, don't know what the fuss is =D