nanog mailing list archives

Re: DNS anycasting - multiple DNS servers on same subnet Vs registrar/registry policies

From: Mikkel Mondrup Kristensen <mmk () one com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 02:32:26 +0200

On May 29, 2012, at 01:56 , Brett Frankenberger wrote:

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 09:32:29PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 12:21:10AM +0530,
Anurag Bhatia <me () anuragbhatia com> wrote
a message of 28 lines which said:

I know few registry/registrars which do not accept both (or all)
name servers of domain name on same subnet.

Since my employer is one of these registries, let me mention that I
fully agree with David Conrad here.

How does your employer know if two nameservers (two IP addresses) are
on the same subnet?

Registrars are still rocking classful routing like its 1993.

--
Mikkel