nanog mailing list archives

Re: Current IPv6 state of US Mobile Phone Carriers

From: Cameron Byrne <cb.list6 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 19:05:32 -0700

On May 22, 2012 6:50 PM, "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <
wolfgang.rupprecht () gmail com> wrote:

Paul Graydon <paul () paulgraydon co uk> writes:
That's interesting.  I have a Galaxy Nexus on T-Mobile USA and it
doesn't get an IPv6 address, only IPv4.  Works fine with IPv6 over my
wireless network at home.  Doesn't seem to be anything obvious in the
settings to enable or disable that.

Same here.  IPv6 works fine over my wifi, but doesn't work at all over
tmobile.

If I play with the cell settings to allow ipv4/ipv6 in APN then all
communication stops.  TMO might need to go back to those drawing
boards.  I don't see ipv6 working at all over their network.

Please read and follow the instructions here on how to setup
https://sites.google.com/site/tmoipv6/lg-mytouch

Feel free to ping me off-list if you see any issues.

From what you wrote, my guess is you are using a phone that does not have
IPv6 support (only Nexus phones have support today... Other phones do not
have the correct radio / RIL capabilities)

CB

-wolfgang
--
g+:  https://plus.google.com/114566345864337108516/about