nanog mailing list archives

Re: eircom.net contact

From: Christopher Singhaus <csinghaus () hopone net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 14:02:15 -0400

John,

Haven't yet, was trying to avoid a screaming match over the telephone.
That will be my last resort if no one on this list has any other
contacts for them.

On 5/10/2012 1:57 PM, John Peach wrote:
On Thu, 10 May 2012 13:52:23 -0400
Christopher Singhaus <csinghaus () hopone net> wrote:

Not sure if this is the right list to send this out to, but I figured
I'd give it a try. I'm looking for anyone with a contact at
Eircom.net. Customers on their network are continually trying to
brute force RDP machines on our network. Fail2ban does automatically
null route them and send them an email, however all I get is a
rfc-ignorant auto reply stating to fill out a form on their website.
In fact, they have been listed as rfc ignorant since 2006.

http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/detail.php?domain=eircom.net&submitted=1140112265&table=abuse

I've also sent emails to noc () eircom net but received no reply
whatsoever.

Just looking for a human to talk to at this point or any other advice.

Did you try calling them?
      Eircom Ltd                hostmaster () eircom net
      1 Heuston South Quarter
      St Johns Road, Dublin 8 ie
      IE
      +35316008010

--
Christopher Singhaus,
Systems Administrator / Abuse Dept

"Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why." -Hunter S Thompson